About the Friends of Historic Second Church
Friends of Historic Second Church (Friends) was founded in 2006 as a not-for-profit organization separate from the Second Presbyterian Church.
To preserve and restore the art and architecture of Chicago’s landmark Second Presbyterian Church and to engage neighbors and the world in sharing our passion for its beauty and significance.
Five Year Strategic Plan
In the fall of 2018, flush with the success of our restoration of the Tiffany Peace window, and enlightened by what we had learned along the way, the board of Friends undertook to prepare a multi-year strategic plan. Among other questions, the board sought to answer: “what will it take for our organization to restore the other stained glass windows, and the other works of art, in the church?”
After six months of discussion and interviews with numerous stakeholders, the plan was adopted. Its five goals task the board to:
1) Increase the pace of preservation projects
2) Expand public programming to attract and retain diverse audiences
3) Raise the visibility of the art and architecture of the church and the work of Friends
4) Enlarge and diversity the board
5) Grow revenue.
Thanks to the Strategic Planning Committee members for their many hours of creative work: Annette Adams, Ann Belletire, Mary Bucaro, Susan Burian, Cliff Crawford, Susan Evans, Heather Haberaecker, Kathie Korn, Nate Lielasus, Linda Miller and Bill Tyre.
Friends of Historic Second Church
1936 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616
Board of Directors
Linda Miller, President
Nate Lielasus, Vice President
Susan Baldwin Burian , Secretary
Ann Belletire, Treasurer
William Tyre, Assistant Treasurer
Rowena Rennie Balogun
James T. Barnes
Rev. Dr. David Neff, ex-officio
Karen Oliver, ex-officio
Heather Kendall, Administrative Manager